M, (1859 - 1932)
John is center of photo with his brothers James left and Joseph right. Picture taken at Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire. Date unknown.
- Father*: Jonathan Lickorish b. 23 Feb 1839, d. 26 Oct 1907
- Mother*: Ann Eagles b. 2 Apr 1837, d. 10 Aug 1899
- Birth*: John Lickorish was born on 29 August 1859 at Leamington Hastings, Warwick.
- He was the son of Jonathan Lickorish and Ann Eagles.
- Baptism: He was baptized on 15 October 1859 at Hill.
- Occupation*: He was a Police Constable. Resigning on 27/11/1882, Later worked for British Rail as Signalman and Guard on 5 August 1879.
- Census: He appeared on the census of 1881; for Top Road, Lighthorne, Warwick there is a John Lickorish, Boarder who is a Police Constable, aged 21 born in stockton. Have contacted Warwick Police and confirmed details warrant Number 1309.
- Marriage*: He married Martha Beech on 19 October 1881.
- Census: He appeared on the census of 1901 at Nottingham, Nottingham; with sons Albert, 15, Railway Telegraph clerk, Charles 17 apprentice carpenter, Elizabeth 6 and wife Martha 42. John is a Railway Signalman.
- Census*: He appeared on the census of 1911 at The Hollies, Moore Road, Mapperley, Nottinghamshire; Shows John aged 51 a Railway signalman with the Midland Railway, married for 29 years to wife Martha aged 52 have four children. At home is Elizabeth Ann aged 16 a student. They have 6 rooms.
- Psgr List: He was found on a passenger list on 16 July 1927; Arrived at Qubec having sailed from Liverpool aboard the Doric travelled with daughter Elizabeth.
- Psgr List*: He was found on a passenger list on 28 August 1927; John and his daughter Elizabeth are shown as arriving at Liverpool having sailed from Montreal, Quebec, Canada abord SS Doris. He is retired and she a Teacher they give address as The Hollies, Moore Road, Nottingham.
- Will*: He left a will in 1932; Will Index shows probate to Charles Henry (son) a joiner and John Sidney (son) a railway telegaphist. Effects £938-1s-6d.
- Death*: He died on 3 January 1932 at Carlton, Nottingham, at age 72.